Table of Contents
In today’s world, it’s become essential for everyone to protect their personal data from the prying eyes on the internet. And, no, a simple password won’t be able to stop them.
So, what’s the solution?
Well, when it comes to preventing malware from getting into your system, an antivirus will always be your best bet. Please keep reading to know more about it.
What Is An Antivirus Software Program?
An antivirus is a type of software program which has been created to scan, detect, and delete malware from your PC. Aside from this, you can also use it to prevent a malicious program from entering your system from the internet.
However, here’s an interesting fact about antivirus software.
The name “antivirus” is a little bit misleading, technically. After all, you’re using it to prevent malware from entering your computer, not a literal virus. That’s just a marketing name.
How Can An Antivirus Tool Help You Out?
It’s a difficult question to answer, to be honest. Not every antivirus software is built similarly. Finding something interesting on one product doesn’t mean you’ll find it on another tool. However, an antivirus program can or should be able to do the following.
- Scan your computer correctly and check for the presence of malware.
- Initiate scanning on a particular device altogether.
- Schedule an automatic scan for your system.
- If available, remove the detected negative pattern.
- Check the health of your system and work accordingly to improve it.
If you’re using the premium version of the software, you can also use the same on multiple devices, including your laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc.
However, if you do not have the funds to invest in premium antivirus software, you can download the trial version for free at the pirate bay.
Why Should You Use An Antivirus Software Program?
The job of antivirus isn’t only about saving your PC or laptop. They can help protect all the critical data or precious memory you have on your system. Hence, when you’re buying an antivirus program, make sure to check if it can –
- Detect, block, and remove viruses or malware from your PC.
- Tune-up your system and make it run smoothly.
- Scanning the dark web to check if your email has been compromised or not.
- Warning about a malicious website before you click on it.
- Prevent the issue of identity theft and block fraud mailing or phishing.
- Protect your online account through encrypted password protection.
- Offer a training session to let you know how you should behave on the internet.
Additionally, an antivirus software program can also be used to save the password of your email or something else protectively.
Hackers Vs. Antivirus – What’s The Catch?
Honestly, at this point, there’s no guarantee that you can stay safe online, even when you’re following proper guidance. And, when it comes to a professional and expert hacker, your chance gets even lower than usual. However, you can still protect yourself against them if you’re following these tips properly.
- Avoid visiting a website that offers too many advertisements. Be sure to check their DA or DR before clicking on something else.
- Do not click on any phishing mail, no matter how lucrative the offer looks. Read an article or check a YouTube video to learn more about them.
- If you’re using a torrent website, don’t forget to hide your IP address by activating a VPN. Using a free option will be beneficial for you as well.
- Don’t rely upon a single malware protection system. Add another firewall with it to bolster the same and ensure that nothing malicious comes through your network.
- Try not to download anything from the internet, especially if it’s a video file or an apk of a software program. They can be used as a doppelganger for a malicious tool.
Protection Is The Keyword!
Like almost anything else, a modern antivirus software program also features a subscription system. Thus, if you’re using something as such, make sure to keep an eye on the final date. Once the subscription ends, the software will stop working correctly. Hence, if you want it to protect your system 24×7, make sure to renew as soon as possible.
Don’t worry. When you renew the contract, the expiry date will increase and include the days remaining on your previous subscription.